Posted by admin
on Mar 4th, 2012 in Recipes
| 0 comments
Here’s a sneak peek from my book Healing Desserts. Blondies were always one of my favorites desserts so when I heard about this version made with beans I was intrigued.
Can beans taste good in a dessert? I was skeptical to say the least.
Of course, I turned to Google to see what there was for recipes and I found several like this one, this one and this one. I decided to kind of take the best from each and give them my own healthy twist that you can see below.
Oh, and to answer the question… Yes, beans CAN taste good in a dessert!
White Bean Blondies (this recipes is a slight variation from the one in the book)
White Bean Blondies Recipe
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (or use vegetable oil if you can’t find coconut)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup grain sweetened chocolate chips (I use SunSpire Chocolate Chips)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Puree beans and water in food processor or blender (add more water if needed).
- In a large bowl, mix the oat flour, white four, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in the eggs, oil, vanilla,maple syrup and bean puree.
- Fold in the chocolate chips (optional).
- Pour batter into a 9x9 greased pan. I put parchment paper across the bottom and one side so I can easily lift the brownies out, then I cut them with a pizza cutter.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the edges start to pull away from the pan.
15.37g carbs, 2.60g protein, 1.45g fiber