I always love to have a nice refreshing drink on hand on those hot summer days. Something not too heavy, not too many calories and that has a little flavor but not sticky sweet. This drink fits the bill perfectly and it’s actually good for you too!
Oh, almost forgot, it’s super easy to make and you can easily have the ingredients on hand whenever you want it.
Here’s what you do:
1. Take some frozen raspberries (I suppose you could use blueberries, blackberries, strawberries -heck even pineapple or mango would work – use your imagination and make up your own amazing drink!). I used about 1/4 - 1/2 cup in this drink. Put the raspberries in the bottom of a glass and mash them up a bit with a fork – not too much you still want lots of whole ones in there to look pretty.
2. Take about 4 small mint leaves (or 2 large ones) and rip them up with your fingers. Mash them a little bit to bruise them and let the flavors seep out and put them in on top of the strawberries. In the drink in the picture, I actually didn’t have any mint, but I have a basil plant growing on my porch so I went out and plucked a couple of leaves off the plant. Basil actually tastes pretty similar to mint so it goes good in this drink too.
3. Put enough water in the glass to cover the strawberries (if you are in the mood for a cocktail, put vodka in there instead of water
4. Fill the rest of the glass with ginger ale or some other type of light fizzy soda. Sometimes I use a lemon-lime soda that tastes great. You could even use just soda water if you wanted a more plain taste.
5. Add some ice cubes if you like your drink really cold.
6. Enjoy! This makes a drink that is amazingly tasty and refreshing and looks pretty cool too! Perfect to server to guests at your next summer bbq.